Ever try Chinese Hot Pot? Check out Chef Bao’s Beijing hot pot recipe to make this classic dish at home! Plus, a tasty Shaobing ( Chinese flatbread) recipe to enjoy along with it.
Beijing’s hot pot (老北京火锅)–is cooked the old-fashioned way, in a doughnut-shaped copper pot, with the smoke billowing out of a tall cone chimney in the middle.
This style of hotpot is very pure and focuses on the quality of the ingredients – tender and tasty meat and fresh and leafy vegetables. As opposed to spicy Sichuan hotpot, the flavors of Beijing Hot Pot come from the dipping sauces.
Shaobing also called huoshao, is a type of baked, unleavened, layered flatbread in Northern Chinese cuisine.
#hotpot #beijing #asmr
Subscribe for more awesome Chinese recipes:
Everything you need to know about hot pot: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL00a0G6_TRLVeHBXRO-uY8ciAcyDBnEZJ
【 Beijing Style Hot Pot 】
*Shaobing 烧饼 – HuoShao (Beijing Style-Clay oven rolls)
600 g Medium-gluten Flour
400 ml Water
4 g Baking soda
1 ½ tbsp Cooking oil
1 tbsp baked ground Sichuan peppercorn
1 tbsp baked ground Fennel
2 tbsp Peanut butter
3 tbsp Sesame paste
1 ½ tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Water
1 ½ tbsp Flour
Sesame seeds (For sprinkle)
*Soup base (Beijing Style)
¼ cup Dried shrimps
¼ cup Ginger
1 tbsp Wolfberry
1/3 cup Scallion
4 cup Water
1 tsp Salt
½ tbsp Ginger
1 tbsp Scallion
1 tbsp Water
1 tbsp Cornstarch
1.5 lb. Lamb (Sliced)
1 lb. Beef (Sliced)
*Dipping sauce (Beijing Style)
2 tbsp Sesame paste
2 tbsp Water
2 tbsp Sugar
2 tbsp Sesame sauce
1 tbsp Chives flower sauce
2 tbsp Red fermented bean curd
2 tsp Soy sauce
1 tsp Worcester sauce
1 tsp Fish sauce
1 tsp Coriander
1. In a large pot with boiling water, place in dried shrimps, sliced ginger, sliced scallion and wolfberry. Heat up to a boil and ready as soup base.
2. Dip the meat first in boiling hot pot for few seconds (sort of like Shabu-shabu) then transfer to dip Beijing style sauce.
3. Add other hot pot ingredients into the pot. It goes well with Huo Shao (Beijing style-Clay oven rolls). Enjoy!
*How to make Huo Shao (Beijing style-Clay oven rolls)
1. In a large bowl, add in flour, baking soda, water and cooking oil. Knead as dough and rest for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add sesame paste, peanut butter, minced cumin and Sichuan peppercorn. Mix well.
3. Flat the dough, spread the mixed paste on the pastry. Roll as a strip shape and then split it as little balls. Roll them well. Set aside.
4. In another bowl, whisk in soy sauce, water and flour. Mix well. Spread on the roll. Sprinkle on sesame.
5. Heat up a large skillet, add oil, place on rolls and grill until turn to golden brown. Transfer to an oven, bake at 356oF/180oC for 10 minutes.
*How to make Meatball
1. Mash the chicken breast and peeled shrimps. Transfer to a bowl, whisk in water, egg white, cornstarch, minced ginger and minced scallion. Seasoning with salt.
2. Refrigerate for an hour.
*How to make Dipping sauce (Beijing Style)
In a small dish, whisk in sesame sauce, chives flower sauce, red fermented bean curd, soy sauce, Worcester sauce, fish sauce and minced coriander. Mix well.
Are you a foodie craving Chinese food? Look no further.
Here we have the best Chinese recipes, prepared by award-winning chefs to showcase authentic, traditional Chinese cooking.
Whether you want to know how to make Chinese dishes at home, or learn how to master cooking with a wok, we’ve got you covered.