Easy, baked Mini Egg doughnuts that only take 7 MINUTES (!!) to bake! These are ridiculously simple and crazy delicious. We’re adding Mini Eggs directly into the doughnut batter, so that you have mega chocolate chunks inside! RECIPE BELOW!
Mini Eggs Baked Doughnuts Recipe
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup + 1 tbsp buttermilk
½ cup mini eggs, finely crushed
6 tbsp whipping cream
2 cups confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
blue, yellow, pink and brown food colouring
6 chocolate buttons or candy melts
1 milk or dark chocolate bar
1 cup mini eggs
1. Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl and set aside. In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, honey, egg and vanilla extract. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients and mini eggs and mix until just combined – make sure not to overmix.
2. Spoon the batter into a piping bag, then pipe the batter into a greased doughnut pan. Bake at 400F for 7 minutes. Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then flip the pan over to remove the doughnuts and cool completely on a wire rack.
3. Make the glaze: Whisk together the whipping cream and the confectioner’s sugar and whisk until fully combined. Add the vanilla extract and whisk to combine. Pour 1 tbsp of glaze into a small bowl and dye it brown. Add another dash of whipping cream to thin it out a little bit. Divide the remaining glaze into 3 bowls and dye it pale blue, pale pink and pale yellow.
5. Dunk 2 doughnuts each into the blue, pink and yellow glaze, creating 2 doughnuts per color. Place them on a wire rack. Dip a fork into the brown glaze, then splatter it onto the doughnuts, creating a speckled pattern. Allow the glaze to dry for 30 minutes.
6. Place a chocolate button in the center of each doughnut. Use a cheese grater to grate the chocolate bar into the center of the doughnuts. This will look like a nest.
7. Fill the nest with plenty of mini eggs. Enjoy!
BUY MY COOKBOOK:
Subscribe to my Channel!
New videos every Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday! Make sure you tune in!
As always, thank you!!
For all of you who are amazing and have read this far, here is a clue for Sunday’s video:
Music courtesy of Audio Network.
Song: Salad Days
This is not a sponsored video.