Today’s recipe is for a Smoked Whole Chicken in the Masterbuilt Smoker with Old Mule Carolina Glaze. We will inject the whole chicken, season it with Heaven Made Products Mexicajun seasoning and then smoke it for 2 hours. During the last 10 to 15 minutes, we will glaze the chicken with an Old Mule Carolina Glaze, which is a mustard-based BBQ sauce.
• 1 chicken (spatchcocked is optional); see this video for instructions on how to spatchcock a chicken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghgxbGgy8j4&t=184s
• Heaven Made Products Mexi-Cajun seasoning (or your favorite) to taste
• 1/3 to ½ cup Old Mule Carolina BBQ Sauce, more info here
• 1 cup IPA Beer
• 1 cup chicken broth
• ¾ Meat Church T-Bird Chicken Injection, more info here https://www.armadillopepper.com/products/meat-church-chicken-injection
1. Mix the injection and inject the chicken with the Meat Church chicken injection. For details on how to mix the injection, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAvFbi7AjMo&t=25s.
2. Rub some of the remaining injection over the outside of the chicken to use as a binder for the Mexicajun seasoning.
3. Season the chicken with the Mexicajun Seasoning.
4. Heat the Masterebuilt Smoker to 275 degrees and add fruit wood chips.
5. Cook until the chicken reaches 159 degrees F and apply a layer of the Old Mule BBQ Sauce to the top of the chicken. For this cook it was approximately 1.5 hours.
6. Continue cooking until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F in the thickest part of the breast. For this cook, the total time was just under 2 hours.
7. Remove from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes.
That’s Incredible Seasonings provided courtesy of Heaven Made Products. Any opinions about the seasonings are my own.
Heaven Made Products
Armadillo Pepper Hot Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Jerky & Snack Store
Please watch: “Mississippi Chicken Recipe in the Masterbuilt Smoker | Mississippi Chicken Sliders”