This Kale Chicken Pasta Salad will convert a kale hater into a kale lover! It’s perfect for meal prep, a picnic or dinner! With a delicious balsamic vinaigrette, dried cranberries, crunchy sunflower seeds and salty feta, it’s packed full of flavor.
This is one of my favorite ways to eat kale! Kale can sometimes be bitter, so I’m sharing my tricks to get the bitterness out of kale, and to keep it fresh for meal prep.
You can eat this salad fresh, or store it in mason jars for meal prep. I hope you guys love this salad as much as I do!
Read the full blog post and get a printable recipe at https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/chicken-pasta-salad/
2 cups uncooked pasta (4.6 oz)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
4 cups kale or spinach
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup crumbled feta
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
1. Cook pasta according to package directions, set aside to cool.
2. Heat oven to 450°F. Toss chicken breasts in olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Season with salt & pepper. Bake chicken breasts according to their size: 5 oz (12-15 min), 7 oz (15-20 min), 10 oz (20-25 min), or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
3. Chop, wash and dry kale.
4. Shake together all vinaigrette ingredients.
5. Toss everything together and enjoy!
1. Place the ingredients into the four 1-pint jars in the following order: balsamic dressing, chicken (cooled completely), pasta, kale, cranberries/feta/sunflower seeds.
2. To serve jar salads, shake out into a clean bowl and toss up in the vinaigrette.
1. Stored in jars or separately (not tossed in vinaigrette), this salad can keep for up to 4 days in the fridge.
As always, please ask any questions about the recipe below and I’m happy to answer!
If you make this recipe, I’d love if you shared it on social media with the hashtag #sweetpeasandsaffron