A vegetarian friendly take on the popular Dim sums! These are best enjoyed hot and with a dip.
¼ medium cabbage, finely chopped
1-2 spring onions, finely chopped
6-8 broccoli florets, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, finely chopped
7-9 French beans, chopped
1 cup + 4 tablespoons refined flour + for dusting
Iceberg lettuce leaves as required
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Ginger soy dip
1½ inch ginger, cut into juliennes
¼ cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1. Line a bamboo steamer with some lettuce leaves.
2. Take 1 cup flour in a bowl. Add ⅔ cup of warm water and salt and mix well. Set aside for 10-15 minutes.
3. To prepare vegetable mixture, combine cabbage, spring onions, broccoli, carrot, French beans, salt, crushed peppercorns in a bowl and mix well.
4. Take remaining flour in another bowl. Add salt and 2 tablespoons water and mix well. Add to prepared flour and knead well. Transfer onto a worktop and knead again. Transfer into a bowl, cover with damp muslin cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into small equal portions.
6. To prepare hargadimsums, take a dough portion, dust with flour and roll from the edges to make a thin disc. Put in some vegetable mixture, fold, twist the edges to seal and fold the ends.
7. To prepare mouse dimsums, take a dough portion, roll out to make a thin disc, fill in some vegetable mixture, pinch one end, press it in and repeat till end.
8. Heat some water in a non-stick pan and bring water to boil. Place prepared dimsums in lined bamboo steamer, place the steamer in hot waterand steam on high heat for 8-10 minutes.
9. To prepare ginger soy dip, heat soy sauce in a non-stick pan. Add some water and ginger, mix well and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add sesame seeds and sesame oil, swirl and cook 2 minutes.
10. Serve hot with ginger soy dip.
Preparation Time: 40-45 minutes
Cooking Time: 12-15 minutes
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
For more recipes : http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com
Best cooked in Wonderchef Kitchenware.
Buy Now on : https://goo.gl/eB9kQq
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor